[plug]OT: ISPs, Ari and filtering

Scott scott at bizzpro.com.au
Mon Jan 29 21:28:51 WST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank Guidara" <madgino at dingoblue.net.au>

> dude
>
> just use dingoblue
> there wicked
> leech lots
> and dont get d/c
>
> what else can u ask for

It would be interesting to see what the new rates for dingo blue will be now
they are not owned by optus anymore. Maybe now you will have to get your
electricity from  them ( AGL Australian Gas & Light company) to get the
cheap rates.

Ari
I'm sorry that you found them displeasing i was unaware that you used them
for gaming. I myself have two different ISP's one for everyday use (bizzpro)
whom i have stayed connected to for weeks on end at times. I also use a
different one for gaming. I have tested out many isp's over the years with
an emphasis on ping times unfortunately (in general) the better the ping
time the more expensive.  Most of my gaming friends use dingoblue but i
still get 20-60ms out of 170ms (Ultima Online) better ping times than they
do using my other isp(usually about 120ms).  If i had of known you wanted
them for primarily gaming i wouldn't have suggested them but i assumed you
wanted someone who supports linux at cheap rates.  I can't comment on their
lack of response to e-mails because i usually call them or drop in and see
them (not being very far away) but i do know that all of my other non-gaming
friends have been very happy. It would be logical to assume that if you are
using a different ISP every month then the problem might not be with the
ISP's but maybe somewhere else.

Filtering.
Filtering is cool it has made this list so much more enjoyable. I only need
to figure out how to filter replies from people who have quoted the people i
have filtered then it would be perfect.  There is nothing wrong with
personal censorship. The beauty is, the people who would be most offended by
what i wrote i will never know about :)

Scott