[plug] From 'Perl Query...'

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Wed Jan 31 22:19:27 WST 2001

G'day,

On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 11:11:42AM +0000, Kevin Shackleton wrote:
> So how do normal people pick up Perl?

Well after doing Pascal and C for quite a while it came the time I was
required to do some perl. Since the syntax is quite flexibly, my Perl looks a
lot like C. So how did I learn perl functions etc? Looking at the man pages!
Perl has a huge set of man pages. Both the man pages and existing scripts is
all that I required.

I do have a couple books now from the O'Reilly series.

Later,

Jason Nicholls