[plug] Sendmail problem

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.wattle.id.au
Mon Jul 2 17:24:59 WST 2001

> I hope you can help me with this problem I am currently having. Sendmail
> seemed to work fine yesterday when I finally got around to set up a
> computer as a linux server at home. Then today at around 4:30 i could not
> send any e-mail to the server anymore. I am using Eudora on a Windows box
> to connect.

Well the error message suggests you've got sendmail running as a daemon
and it's trying to run twice listening to the same port, maybe it's too
obvious but did you check for duplicates (ps aux | grep sendmail) and
kill the duplicate?

--
JEREMY MALCOLM <Jeremy at Malcolm.wattle.id.au> http://malcolm.wattle.id.au
Providing online networks of Australian lawyers (http://www.ilaw.com.au)