[plug] ICQ

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 4 10:37:31 WST 2001

> Or you can use IPchains and masqurading to make it
> work.   I seem to recal that there are
> issuess with MASQ'ing and ICQ 2000.  Other should be
> able to clear that up tho.

Nope.

I brought this up about a month ago, in the setup of
my gateway at home.

I can definitively say that with kernel 2.2.18 and
ipchains 1.3.9 (the latter comes with RH6.2) there are
no known problems with either ICQ2000b or GnomeICU
(haven't tried the others).

Having multiple clients on different machines behind
the gateway works fine. I havn't tried any of the
newer features of 2000b (does it include 3way chat,
etc? I don't use it), but I know for a fact that
messaging, chatting, file transfers (I think), etc all
work perfectly.

Hope this "clears it up" sufficiently :)

Andrew

=====
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?