[plug] ipchains

Ryan ryan at slowest.net
Thu Jul 5 18:53:58 WST 2001

- man ipchains - it says to check ipfw.
- man ipfw - it tells you that it is all stored in /proc/net/ip_?????

In my case the relevant files are:

/proc/net/
-rw-------    1 root     root            0 Jul  5 18:50 ip_fwchains
-rw-------    1 root     root            0 Jul  5 18:50 ip_fwnames
dr-xr-xr-x    2 root     root            0 Jul  5 18:50 ip_masq
-r--r--r--    1 root     root            0 Jul  5 18:50 ip_masquerade

ip_fwchains is probable what you are after.

You will have to convert all the IPs from HEX to make sense of them
though, get your Perl skills out of the closet and it should be fine :)

Regards,

Ryan