[plug] smoothwall and bids2login with bpa cable

Ari Finander Outrider at operamail.com
Fri Jul 6 05:03:13 WST 2001

Hey everyone,

I installed smoothwall on a pentium120 box with 2 network cards, hub, etc to
make a firewall/gateway so my wife and I can access the internet
simultaneously on our telstra bigpond cable connection.  I followed the
instructions in the smoothwall docs and then the draft how-to from :

http://users.bigpond.net.au/lwells/smoothwall/howto.html

Everything was working, until I rebooted.  To get it running again after a
reboot, I have to type (again, as I did in the how-to, even though this should
be automated now):

dhcpcd eth1 <enter>

Then, I have to restart the bids2login by changing to /usr/local/bpc and
typing:

(again, as I did in the how-to, even though this should be automated now)

YES, I did replace the username and password.  After this, it DOES work...for
web browsing...but not news or email (or icq or internet gaming, I presume,
though I haven't tested these latter two).  How do I set it up to allow these
through?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Ari

The Fastest Browser on Earth now for FREE!!
Download Opera 5 for Windows now! Get it at
http://www.opera.com/download/