[plug] Diamond Stealth 2500 & X4.1.0

Beau Kuiper kuiperba at cs.curtin.edu.au
Fri Jul 6 19:18:34 WST 2001

On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, Mike Roberts wrote:

> G'day.
>
> I recently acquired a Diamond Stealth 2500 and I am trying to get it to work
> with XFree 4.1. By all reports it *should* work. When I scan the PCI it
> detects it as an "Alliance Semiconductor ProMotion AT24" which acording to
> the docs works with the apm driver.
>
> However when I start X the server starts up and the screen blanks, nothing
> else. The logs don't report any major errors and the server appears to be
> running properly, I just can't see anything.
>
> Anyone have any experience with this, or any ideas ?

The AT24 is a terrible accellerator, if the AT25 is anything to go by.
Sorry, but you should go find yourself a cheap s3 virge card. It works
under Xfree86 4.X and is probably faster to boot.

If you insist on using it though, run the Xf86config program (text), and
attempt to configure it via the text interface. It ussually works very
well

Beau Kuiper
kuiperba at cs.curtin.edu.au