[plug] smoothwall and bids2login with bpa cable

Ari Finander Outrider at operamail.com
Fri Jul 6 20:41:20 WST 2001

Update:

irc works, as does http.  I'm thinking that it's something to do with the bpa
cable settings for mail and news:

pop3= pop-server
smtp= mail-hub
news= news-server

These are kinda strange, and if smoothwall doesn't understand where to send
the requests from the win98SE pc to these servers, that would explain the
problem.  Can anyone help with the solution?

Also, I'm still having to enter dhcpcd eth1 (eth1 is cable, eth0 is LAN)
whenever I reboot in order for the smoothwall box to see the internet, as well
as having to cd /usr/local/bpc and ./bids2login -l <username> -p <password>
again after reboot, even though both of these things are supposed to run
automatically, as i detaile din my last post (below).

Linux is challenging, but fun.  I've learned to SSh and ftp into things
setting up this firewall :-)

TIA,

Ari