[plug] Mounting NTFS partition

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Mon Jul 9 08:59:44 WST 2001

	You are probably better off creating a smallish fat32 partition for
NT and Linux to share

	NT can mount fat32 no?

	From:	Beau Kuiper <kuiperba at cs.curtin.edu.au> on 06/07/2001 07:21
PM
	Please respond to plug at plug.linux.org.au@SMTP at Exchange
	To:	plug at plug.linux.org.au@SMTP at Exchange
	cc:

	Subject:	Re: [plug] Mounting NTFS partition

	Ops,

	sorry for the last mixed up post (I meant to cancel it, not send it
:-) )

	Be VERY careful using the NTFS support in the linux kernel. Even in
the
	very latest kernels, it is istill heavyly broken and will probably
mess it
	iup if you don't mount it read-only (even then I won't garrentee
that it
	wont trash the partition)

	Backup your NTFS partition (from windows) if you care about the data
on
	it.

	Beau Kuiper
	kuiperba at cs.curtin.edu.au