[plug] Remove first spcae in a filename

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Wed Jul 11 09:52:21 WST 2001

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Christian Müller wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just created a bunch of files and unfortunatelly seem to have a
> space as the first charater. How do I remove this space considering that
> there are some files which do not have a space as a first character? Does
> anyone know on how I can do this on the bash shell?
-----
#!/bin/sh
cd /path/to/directory
for i in * ; do
	h=`echo $i | sed -e s/^ //`
	if [ "$i != "$h" ] ; then
		echo moving \"$i\" to \"$h\"
		#mv $i $h
	else
		echo skipping $i
	fi
done
-----

Once you're ahppy the the echos match what need to be done then un comment
the mv and noone will ever know about this little problem :)

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein
 */