[plug] Mandrake 8 - Gnome

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Wed Jul 11 10:11:35 WST 2001

	Just install the kde devel and qt devel packages

	If you dont have the headers, you cant compile stuff against the
libs.

	From:	John Knight <anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com> on 11/07/2001
09:58 AM
	Please respond to plug at plug.linux.org.au@SMTP at Exchange
	To:	plug at plug.linux.org.au@SMTP at Exchange
	cc:

	Subject:	Re: [plug] Mandrake 8 - Gnome

	Sorry that this doesn't answer your question but there might be
something
	you could help me out with. In Mandrake 7.2 I got the error:
	"kde headers not installed properly" or something along those lines
when I
	went to compile a .tar.gz package. I'm using Redhat 7.1 at present,
but
	would prefer if I could go back to Mandrake if I can. Do you get
this
	problem with Mandrake 8.0?

	cheers! :)
	anarchist tomato

	>Has anyone experienced any problems with setting up the gnome ppp
dialler
	>under Mandrake 8.0 ?
	>I had previously installed mandrake with the KDE desktop option and
all
	>seemed to work well, After re-installing
	>( Hard drive collapse ) I chose the gnome desktop
instead..configured my
	>isp
	>connection during installation and now
	>it connects to the net for at least 10 seconds before dropping the
	>connection ...
	>line comment  "pppd daemon died unexpectedly"
	>
	>Do I have to configure a login script or should this have been done
during
	>initial installation .?
	>
	>Thanks
	>Chris.