XML (was Re: [plug] PHP talk last night)

Greg Mildenhall assassin at live.wasp.net.au
Wed Jul 11 11:41:10 WST 2001

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Colin Muller wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 11:22:02AM +0800, Mark Nold wrote:
> > (XML is just another presentation format)
> Could you please not make authoritative-sounding and entirely
> incorrect statements about something you clearly don't understand?

*OUCH* You really should read what people write before running off at them
like that. Now you look very, very silly indeed.

The original post said this near the beginning:
"What i would suggest is treat XML as just another presentation method"

The parenthesised text that you quoted was a later reminder of this stated
assumption, not a statement of general fact.

"If you treat XML as just another presentation method, XML is just another
presentation format." is a very different statement to "XML is just
another presentation format" - if you don't see the difference, you call
your own intellect into question, but I'm giving you the benefit of the
doubt and assuming you just didn't read the whole message before flaiming.

Please don't do it again.

-Greg