[plug] TNT Drivers Debian

Craig Foster fostware at iinet.net.au
Sat Jul 14 14:45:00 WST 2001

After playing with the nVidia drivers, it seems the best way (and xfree
agree) that you need go to xserver-xfree86 (4.0.x), but to do that the
debian way involves apt-get install xserver-xfree86, and then it will
doanload and install 139MB of gconf, perl, and .... (guess how much of
linux invloves perl here :-)

Progeny and Woody both have Xfree 4.0.x, but they still have their
moments, and the Xfree 4.0.3 tarballs (.tgz) are around 50MB in size.

Don't give up though, someone here may have gotten further than me...

<quitter statement>
In the end I want back to RH7.1 for my home machine.
</quitter statement

Regards,

Craig