[plug] en_GB kde i18n

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 14 15:37:06 WST 2001

Hi all! Some of you know me already but I'm the coordinator for the English
Great Britain Translating Team for KDE. As en_GB (English Great Britain) is
the language that will now be used by default (instead of US) for KDE users
in the UK, Australia, NZ etc, I need to know the opinions from fellow users
from time to time.

The question I have today is would you prefer to see program or programme? I
learnt German as a child and hence 'programme' makes more sense to me but
the majority of people aren't the same as myself in that area.

At present we are finished for KDE 2.2 and we have left 'program' alone for
the time being but if others like my team members want to see programme
instead, we'd be more than happy to change it.

Please give me feedback on this! Also, we have changed words like 'theorize'
to 'theorise' due to more common usage and the fact that the 's' is the
original. Any objections?

I'd love to hear your feedback on this area, bye! :)
anarchist tomato
P.S. I live in Australia, not England.