[plug] Modules ..

Brian Tombleson brian at paradigmit.com.au
Wed Jul 18 10:28:48 WST 2001

Can someone give me a pointer or a lesson in module configuration?

I'm using a Netgear FA-310TX card which happily runs with the tulip module
as below:

[root at mycomp ~]# cat /etc/conf.modules
alias eth0 tulip
alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc

Here's the parameter info for the tulip driver:

[root at mycomp ~]# modinfo -p /lib/modules/2.2.14-5.0/net/tulip.o
debug int
max_interrupt_work int
reverse_probe int
rx_copybreak int
csr0 int
options int array (min = 1, max = 8)
full_duplex int array (min = 1, max = 8)

How do I interpret this information to force the card into full-duplex or
half-duplex mode?

My understanding is that I'll need an 'options' line in /etc/conf.modules,
but what is the syntax?

options tulip full_duplex=1

What are the implications of the param accepting an array??

Any help appreciated.

- Brian.