[plug] OT: Anyone not like Durons?

Andrew Francis locust at iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 18 16:58:56 WST 2001

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Steve Vertigan wrote:

> 1) The (Abit I think) mainboard was crap, he couldn't do things like
> assign IRQs and IOs to PCI slots which he needed to do for some legacy
> hardware he has.
> 2) Software was more prone to crashing, in particular quake and need for
> speed were prone to sporadic crashes and his NIC configuration program
> would not load at all.

Software was crashing with the configuration where he had a dodgy MB and
legacy hardware? :) Maybe his NIC configuration problems were related to
his IRQ problems...

> So *are* you AMD owners happy with your processors?  And do
> any of you use windows and games with them much?

I have a k6-300, using mostly win98. Never had any problems, aside from
the usual ones associated with win98 :) I'm upgrading to a Duron (Or an
athlon, i'll see what the bank balance is like in a few weeks :) soon.

--
Andrew Francis
locust at iinet.net.au