[plug] OT: Perth SPAM

Ryan ryan at slowest.net
Wed Jul 18 22:57:47 WST 2001

Let's look at this from the USERS' perspective:

iiNet should care because this is not an isolated incident and in my case
the email address it was sent to is the default email address for my account
which is overridden by my domain and I guarantee that email address has NOT
been written, verbalised or referenced to in any means by myself or anybody
except iiNet.

Somebody within iiNet has presumably leaked my email address
out with tons of others to some 'highest bidder'.  Sounds stupid?  Well it
is the
only way that my particular iiNet email address could have got onto this large
Australian SPAM campaign.  And no, I never gave iiNet permission, implied or
otherwise to do that.

Ryan