[plug] OT: Perth SPAM

Ryan ryan at slowest.net
Thu Jul 19 07:28:54 WST 2001

>What complete bollucks.
>
>One of the many easy wasy to spam is get a dictionary of common words,
>names and anything else that people might use as a username and then spam
>each of those @somebigisp.com.

Quite true....

I'd REALLY love to see the dictionary my email address was generated from.

c8c72308yc032y
bb3c0932nnc030

If they sent off 200-300 trillion emails to iiNet then I'll call your claim
correct, there
is a slim chance my username popped up.  I can't imagine getting a great
hit rate
doing it that way.

If they target common words and names etc as you said then my address wasn't
gained that way any I'll stick with my explanation or one of the many other
conspiracy theories I have been hatching in my inner city apartment.

Gotta go, start my taxi driving shift soon.

Ryan