[plug] Wheel Mice - Need Help

Arkem (Paul) arkem at mornmist.2y.net
Fri Jul 20 05:52:10 WST 2001

Hi everybody here's a problem that I need help with:

I am using a PS/2 Wheel mouse (Genius Netmouse+) but I am unable to get it to
work well in X. It occasionly freezes and refuses to budge or moves towards the
top right hand corner of the screen and clicks. Also the mouse wheel isn't
working and the left button doesn't respond half the time.

I am currently using Storm Linux (variant on Debian potato) running 2.2.16
kernel and Xfree86 3.3.6-11 and gpm 1.17.8.

Here's a part of my /etc/X11/XF86config file

Section "Pointer"
   Protocol        "IMPS/2"
   Device          "/dev/gpmdata"
   Resolution      100
   Buttons         3
EndSection

And here's my gpm configuration.

Current configuration: -m /dev/psaux -t imps2 -Rraw
Device: /dev/psaux
Type: imps2
Repeat_Type: raw

Can anyone shed some light on my problem?

Thanks in advance,
		Paul Chamberlain
P.S If this has been covered before my appologies but I couldn't find a way to
search the ml archives from the new web page ^_^