[plug] OT: Perth SPAM

Beau Kuiper kuiperba at cs.curtin.edu.au
Fri Jul 20 12:27:00 WST 2001

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Bret Busby wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Alex Polglaze wrote:
> > Haven't you got anything better to do, for god's sake.
> >
> > Get a life!
> >
> > Alex
>
> I see.
>
> So, when people on the mailing list post queries (original message, asking what
> could be done, and, subsequent messages), people on the mailing list are not
> supposed to respond?
>
> So, that is your version of a mailing list - do not respond to queries?
>
> Each to his own, I suppose, and, may you get all the lack of response to
> queries, that you would impose on others.
>
> A non-violent response was sought, and, one was suggested. It is called
> problem-solving.
>
> If you believe that problems should not be solved, then, that
> is your problem.

Well, your suggestion was over the top. Even going into crimial damage if
you were to actually carry it out.

Don't think that just because you have caller id blocked (other side can't
see your phone number), that teltra will not reveal the information for a
criminal investigation.

I don't think Alex was implying that responding to messages and requests
is a bad thing, just that wasting time just to waste someone elses time
and money over something as petty as SPAM is pretty pathetic

Beau Kuiper
kuiperba at cs.curtin.edu.au