[plug] Help Please

Chris Andre CAndre at nskomatsu.com.au
Tue Jul 24 14:49:05 WST 2001

Afternoon Pluggers....

Is there anybody within the group that is using Mandrake 8 that has managed
to get their IDE Cd writer to work ?
I have printed off at least 4 different styles of EASY steps to setting up
scsi emulation and frankly I am beginning to wonder
if there is such a thing as EASY. All four have stated that a recompiling of
the kernel is not required yet following the steps as
written does absolutely nothing.

I have a Standard PC   AMD Duron 800 , 192mb ram
soltek 75KAV-X Main board , 20 gig hard drive
11x spin Sony CDRom and a Sony CDU928E Writer
Mandrake 8  Kernel 2.4.3

Can anyone point me to a not so easy scsi- ide emulation or perhaps even a
graphical installation tool to work with
( Too much to ask for   ;-)    ok then )

Thanks

Chris Newbie