[plug] Adding memory to Linux systems

Phil Steege psteege at tpg.com.au
Tue Jul 24 16:43:54 WST 2001

That's what I was afraid you would say.
I added a PC133 256Mb stick to my system and it started acting crazy.
It crashed and I could not get fsck to clean up the disk.
I removed the new memory stick and after a lengthy fsck it all came back.
I am sending this email from the RH7.1 system now.

I guess I will be re-visiting the shop where I bought the memory.

Thanks
Phil