[plug] /dev/cdrecorder error

sol sol at eftel.com.au
Wed Jul 25 11:51:50 WST 2001

Yes, Suse is rpm based, similar in many respects to Red Hat only (flak jacket
on) better. Here's the info I failed to supply last time.

less /etc/fstab
/dev/cdrecorder		/media/cdrecorder	auto	ro,noauto,user,exec 0 0
/dev/cdrom		/media/cdrom		auto	ro,noauto,user,exec

less /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: LG	Model: CD-ROM CRD-8483B	Rev: 1.00
  Type:    CD-ROM				ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 00
  Vendor: LG	Model: CD-RW CED-8080B	Rev: 1.06
  Type:    CD-ROM				ANSI SCSI revision: 02

ls -al /mnt
total 12
drwxr-xr-x	3 root	root	4096 Jul 18 01:40 .
drwxr-xr-x	18root	root	4096 Jul 18 01:12 ..
drwxr-xr-x	3 root	root	4096 Jul 18 01:40 var

ls -al /dev/s* lists a very long list indeed. I think what you want to know
is that there are devices /dev/scd0 through to /dev/scd15.

dmsg (a snippet thereof)
VFS: Disk change detected on device sr (11,0)
ide-scsi: hhdc: unsupported command in request queue (0)
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:00 (hdc), sector 0
(This is repeated quite a few times, sometimes the dev is 16:40 and the
sector is 64 or 128, but apart from that the dmsg is the same.)

I hope this helps in any diagnosis.
Thanks,

Sol