[plug] /dev/cdrecorder error

sol sol at eftel.com.au
Thu Jul 26 09:54:54 WST 2001

I was browsing through KDE Control Centre when I found something odd: - one
IDE CDROM, one IDE CDRW, one SCSI CDROM and one SCSI CDRW.
when I typed in
>hwinfo --cdrom I get:
02: IDE 02.0: 10602 CD-ROM
  [Created at ide.44]
  Unique ID: 3JYE.As09S4g4jS8
  Model: "CRD-8483B"
  Revision: "1.00"
  Serial ID: "2000/03/08"
  Device File: /dev/hdc
03: IDE 03.0: 10602 CD-ROM
  [Created at ide.44]
  Unique ID: M_5I.vRCH35rqZT6
  Model: "LG CD-RW CED-8080B"
  Revision: "1.06"
  Serial ID: "2000/07/27"
  Device File: /dev/hdd
04: SCSI 00.0: 10602 CD-ROM
  [Created at scsi.226]
  Unique ID: +LDM.acnbEyIKeLF
  Vendor: "LG"
  Model: "CD-ROM CRD-8483B"
  Revision: "1.00"
  Device File: /dev/sr0
  Drive Speed:48
  Volume ID: "99_06_17_15_09"
  Preparer: "CeQuadrat 32bit ISO-9660 Formatter Copyright (c) 1995 by
CeQuadrat GmbH"
  Creation Date: "1999061716152123"
05: SCSI 01.0: 10602 CD-ROM (CD-R)
  [Created at scsi.226]
  Unique ID: Wxl6.I3WE6HUM5P8
  Vendor: "LG"
  Model: "CD-RW CED-8080B"
  Revision: "1.06"
  Device File: /dev/sr1
  Drive Speed: 32

Now, obviously I only have one CDROM and one CDRW. Is it possible that my
system is confused about what devices there are, seeing two devices where
there is one and not knowing how to find them? Is there any way I can get the
system to find only SCSI devices? Or is this nothing to do with the problem
that I'm having with burning CDs?

Thanks,

Sol