[plug] Modem Pooling

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.wattle.id.au
Fri Jul 27 11:32:50 WST 2001

> 2. use multilink BUT the ISP needs to support this (unlikely). Anyone know
>    ISPs in Perth that do multilink?

Terminus Network Services isn't really an ISP but yes we do it, however
there are probably better options like Data over Voice ISDN which is
also supported by many other ISPs including notably Indigo and
Reynolds.  This is only economical for home users where you can
subscribe to the Onramp Home Highway product.  There are rumours that
they will be discontinuing or limiting this service, but until they do
so it is a very economical way of getting a faster (64k per channel)
link (87% faster than a 56k modem, even just using one channel).  Last
time I checked it was about $40 per month to Telstra with calls
included.

--
JEREMY MALCOLM <Jeremy at Malcolm.wattle.id.au> http://malcolm.wattle.id.au
Providing online networks of Australian lawyers (http://www.ilaw.com.au)