[plug] ftp connection probs

Carl Gherardi gherardi at cs.curtin.edu.au
Sun Jul 29 23:13:48 WST 2001

this has me lost..

Attempting to connect to my ftp server like so

[carlos at coeus carlos]$ ftp my.ftp.site
Connected to my.ftp.site
220 my.ftp.site FTP server ready.
Name (my.ftp.site:carlos): blah
331 Password required for blah.
Password:
230- Linux iceburg 2.4.4 #9 SMP Sun May 20 08:55:40 WST 2001 i686 unknown
230-
230- Most of the programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are
230- freely redistributable; the exact distribution terms for each program
230- are described in the individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright
230-
230- Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
230- permitted by applicable law.
230 User hits logged in.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> ls
227 Entering Passive Mode (134,7,143,122,128,194)
ftp: connect: Connection refused
ftp>

And from that point nothing.

The windows boxen i have around teh place seem to be connecting fine, both
from the command line and from GUI clients.

I'm running a RedHat 7.1 box with a 2.4.3-12 kernel(recompiled), but i had
problems with the stock kernel out of the box.

Any ideas - i've never come acros this before

Thanks

Carl