[plug] Best of the worst..

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Mon Jul 30 09:17:06 WST 2001

	Two things

	a) Stick with Win98. I find the very latest 4 in 1 drivers are
usually crap, use the 'stable' ones. Win2000 is a bigger dog than 98. And
most stuff is still geared towards 98 (3D stuff especially)

	b) Yes, Linux behaves very well on these boards. It is quite
impressive (and I showed this to a few people who couldnt believe it) when
Windows 98 dies due to the motherboard change (it never recovers and changes
the drivers correctly) requiring a reinstall, whereas Harddrake et al just
say 'Hey, youve got a new device! Should I install it?' and 'Hey, youve lost
a device! Should I remove it?' a few times next boot and then returns to
100% functionality.