[plug] Logical partition...

Craig Foster fostware at iinet.net.au
Tue Jul 31 22:42:05 WST 2001

DOS / Windows should only read from the first primary partition. It is
probably best to set it up thus:-

Primary 1 - Linux
Primary 2 - Windows 98
Primary 3 - Linux Swap
Logical	1 - Extended 1 - Shared Data

It's a sad fact of early eighties thinking. Also Partition Magic will
allow multiple primaries, whereas fdisk will warn you...

As for a better file system, ReiserFS seems to be winning the most
applause, but I think Mandrake and Suse are the only mainstream
distributions to have it available at installation time. A patch, while
very educational, may seem too hard.

Regards,

Craig Foster