[plug] dhcpd config

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Fri Jun 1 10:56:28 WST 2001

	Yeh, well, thats the thing. You cant dish out ip's on two different
subnets because the client machine isnt on a subnet until it receives an IP!
:)

	After a machine receives an IP everything changes tho, cos normally
machines dont lose ip's once assigned (they renew well before expiry, and
the expired addresses are the last to be reassigned IIRC) so DHCP can then
map the mac addy to the IP.

	I wonder if it is smart enough to assign an address from the correct
subnet's pool based on previously expired addresses? Maybe you could dummy
up a leases file :)