[plug] firewalls on 486

Michael Hunt michael.j.hunt at usa.net
Fri Jun 1 17:10:56 WST 2001

> 	Either run a portscan from an external machine, or use netstat
> (?memory error?) to check which ports are open
>
> 	Make sure the only ports you have open are for services you want
> external people to use, and keep the software up to date especially for
> those services.

There are also a few port scanning services available on the web that can
give you a run down on what is open and weather you still have any known
exploits. I used to use one with testing out windows firewalls but I cant
remember the name and I am not sure if it was only windows specific. Do a
goggle search and if you come up with something let us now.

Michael Hunt