[plug] honeymoon is over - Telstra introduces traffic cap on freedom

Kim Covil kimc at ned.dem.csiro.au
Thu Jun 7 11:31:30 WST 2001

> How about suggesting to Telstra that they offer a "rollover" type download limit
> so that if you don't use your 3 GB limit during the first month, any unused
> quota can be added to the second months quota...just like some of the mobile
> plans.  As long as you don't download more than 3 GB per month then eventually
> you will be able to download that 10 GB's of data (dvd's?).  They would still
> probably cap the amount you can have stored but I'm sure they could handle you
> to have a 10-15 GB grab session over a month...just not every month.  This way
> you have still payed for the data you have downloaded - the only drawback I can
> see from their end is increased amount of admin...

I think the main issue here is suggesting something to Telstra... from
what I have read about previous experiences with Telstra they aren't
particularly open to advice... This is the real shame in the whole
situation...

*sigh*

Kim

Kim Covil - CSIRO Exploration & Mining  E-mail: kim.covil at dem.csiro.au
            PO Box 437, Nedlands,       Tel: +61 8 9284 8425    ,-_!\
            Western Australia  6009     Fax: +61 8 9389 1906   /     \
                                                               *_,-._/
   Please direct all personal e-mail to kimbotha at covil.com.au