[plug] Video card IRQs

Craig Foster fostware at iinet.net.au
Tue Jun 12 21:00:35 WST 2001

Check your CMOS (usually near Advanced or PCI configuration) for an option
to set whether or not video gets an IRQ. Also remember that most
mainboards share IRQs on AGP and PCI Slot 1. No they don't need one, but
without them - it's coffee time...

For speed check AGP speed (x1,x2,x4) and AGP Apeture (1/4 x RAM or Video
Card Memory, which ever is higher) and the boards capabilities.
I know that the ET6000 was very optimised for XFree86 3.x.x - it was the
card to have in those days... It may well run just as well on XFree86 4
Which particular motherboard is it?

Craig Foster