[plug] Video card IRQs

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Wed Jun 13 11:18:11 WST 2001

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 09:00:35PM +0800, Craig Foster wrote:
> Check your CMOS (usually near Advanced or PCI configuration) for an option
> to set whether or not video gets an IRQ. Also remember that most
> mainboards share IRQs on AGP and PCI Slot 1. No they don't need one, but
> without them - it's coffee time...

Uh-huh, and I don't drink coffee so you can see why it's frustrating. :)

The CMOS has an option that says "Assign IRQ for VGA" but the only two
selections are "Auto" and "Disable".  Either way, it doesn't assign an
IRQ. :(  Any ideas?

> For speed check AGP speed (x1,x2,x4) and AGP Apeture (1/4 x RAM or Video
> Card Memory, which ever is higher) and the boards capabilities.
> I know that the ET6000 was very optimised for XFree86 3.x.x - it was the
> card to have in those days... It may well run just as well on XFree86 4
> Which particular motherboard is it?

There's no "AGP speed" option but there is an AGP Aperture option which
I sent to 32MB (there is 128MB in the machine).

The motherboard is a 440LX.

I previously had an SiS 6326 card in here but that ran even slower than
the S3 so I changed it back.

Any suggestiosn?  Thanks for your help. :)

--
DSA 0x0EC1D28C: BBCB 0D79 4EBB 078A A066  7267 8BED E9D6 0EC1 D28C