[plug] Games firewall problem?

Ben Jensz jensz at wn.com.au
Wed Jun 13 14:12:59 WST 2001

Its definetly not his ISP blocking them, since WestNet are the ones that
sponsor us (3FragsLeft.Net) with server hosting and thats the ISP we are all
with.

Something that might be of interest is that most of the 3FL games servers
run Linux ;o).

I dial into the Broome POP and Kai and the other person he mentioned both
dial into the Perth POP.  WestNet have all of their POPs setup pretty much
the same exact way and since other people who dial into the Perth POP and
have Linux as a gateway machine _can_ access the games servers, then I
severely doubt its anything to do with WestNet.

Short of waxing it and reinstalling it all, I'm somewhat lost for ideas at
the moment.  I've had a look at his box through telnet and I can't see
anything wrong with it at all.  Its setup pretty much the same way as mine
is.

/ Ben