[plug] Video card IRQs

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Wed Jun 13 15:17:50 WST 2001

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 03:12:53PM +0800, Matt Kemner wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Brad Campbell wrote:
>
> > Umm.. Does your bios have an operating system setting?
> > My bios has a setting that allows me to select win95/win98/other.
>
> There is a similar option "Plug & Play OS" on other BIOSen
>
> I've sometimes found that if that is set to Yes, it doesn't assign IRQs to
> any of the PCI cards.  Could that be your problem Christian?

I have that option and currently it is set to "No" because that's what
has seemed to work best with Linux systems in the past.  The next time I
reboot I'll give it a try with "Yes" just in case that helps...

There is no setting that lists specific operating systems and I've also
tried the "Force ESCD update" option although this always switches
itself off after each reboot.

--
DSA 0x0EC1D28C: BBCB 0D79 4EBB 078A A066  7267 8BED E9D6 0EC1 D28C