[plug] Re: [NFS] Linux NFS client to Solaris HSM NFS server

Ian Kent ian.kent at pobox.com
Sun Jun 17 11:54:50 WST 2001

One of my colleagues told me that this behavior has appeared in the 2.4
series kernel. He said that it worked as expected in the 2.2 series.
Subsequently I checked 2.2.19 on my Sparc RH 6.2 box and it waited until
the file was available and then continued. There was no message but then
that is not important to us of course, just the behavior.

So has the 2.4 client NFS been broken of is it now fixed?

It would be disappointing to have to regress to a 2.2 kernel and miss out
on the new features and improved performance of 2.4.

--
   ,-._|\    Ian Kent
  /      \   Perth, Western Australia
  *_.--._/   E-mail: ian.kent at pobox.com, raven at plug.linux.org.au