[plug] Twig

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Thu Jun 28 14:54:27 WST 2001

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Andrew  Barbara wrote:

> Hi All
> I was just wondering if anyone knows how to import a database from one server to another (from one postgresql 6.5 to 7.0)
> its a twig database.
> Thanks

BEFORE you remove pgsql 6.x from your system:
remove any auth requirements you have for unix sockets.

pg_dumpall >/tmp/pg_db_backup.

remove/upgrade/install 7.X
do the appropriate to create your pgsql and root users.
then psql </tmp/pg_db_backup

.... LOTS ofd sql output.

That should resoter all your databases and system tables.

ON a personal note postgress 7.1 rocks!

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein