[plug] OT: ADSL Telstra reliability/continuity of service vs others

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Sat Jun 30 11:46:05 WST 2001

G'day Daniel,

On Sat, Jun 30, 2001 at 10:48:28AM +0800, Daniel B wrote:
> Hi PLUG, equipped with a handsfree phone and something to read I find
> myself calling Telstra ADSL support quite often and wondering what's
> happened to my e-mail access or my web access.  (I nearly forgot the phone
> number to my last ISP).
> Is anyone else experiencing this?  Is it just ADSL being 'new' to
> Australia, or is it Telstra?  (or perhaps I have unreasonable expectations)

Occasionally there will be traffic issues and mail issues, but on the whole I
don't really mind these types of problems. What does annoy me is needing to
get my ADSL virtual tunnel reset which has happened 4 times now. Although it's
about 1min worth of work it takes Telstra from 2 to 7 days to complete.

They seem to have a lot of AUTH issues also, but linux and pppoe give you a
way to overcome this problem.

Later,

Jason Nicholls