[plug] rpm and dependencies

Ari Finander spodosaurus at start.com.au
Fri Mar 2 08:34:12 WST 2001

Thanks Russel,

Please see my latest mail to the plug list regarding the errors I got,
especially the errors with the commands you just clarified for me.  As
a necessary note that I omitted from the most recent email, I did try
rpm -Fvh glibc-[dp]* nscd-* with the space between the two files, as
well as with no space between them, and both times errors occured.
The errors with the command without the space were included in the
email, the errors received after using the command with the space are:
error: cannot open file glibc-[dp]*: No such file or directory
error: cannot open file nscd-*: No such file or directory

Ari

Original message from: Russell Keith-Magee <keithmag at cs.curtin.edu.au>