[plug] cdrom mounting by itself while online

Peter Wright pete at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Sat Mar 3 19:51:59 WST 2001

On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 06:53:31PM +0800, Ari Finander wrote:
> Is it normal for a cdrom to mount by itself while you're online?

Well the first techique for "solving" such a problem is to find out if it's
reproducible. Is it?

If you _can_ reproduce it, try to work out the simplest possible sequence of
steps that will also reproduce it, then post that sequence to plug and some
of us shall no doubt pore over it with great interest.

However, by that time you may already have slapped yourself on the
forehead, said "d'oh!" and fixed the problem yourself. :)

> Ari

Pete.
--
http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~pete/

--
DENNIS: Oh, very nice. King, eh!  I expect you've got a palace and fine
        clothes and courtiers and plenty of food.  And how d'you get that?  By