[plug] Not happy Jan!

daniel kerr kerrdan at iprimus.com.au
Wed Mar 7 13:35:50 WST 2001

Maxtors suck
----- Original Message -----
From: Jon Miller <jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au>
To: <plug at plug.linux.org.au>
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 11:32 AM
Subject: Re: [plug] Not happy Jan!

There was mention of a buyout of Quantum by Maxtor, funny just when Quantum
was making a good reliable drive.  Does this mean that Maxtor will use the
Quantum technology on making good reliable drives and market them as Maxtor
drives.  Not sure if I trust that possible situation.  Guess I'll stick to
Western Digital.

Jon

<<< spodosaurus at start.com.au  3/ 6  2:20p >>>
I thought Maxtor bought Quantum?  I'm using a new maxtor 7200rpm 15GB
drive *looks worried*

Ari

Original message from: Brad Campbell <brad at seme.com.au>