[plug] pppd doesnt notice modem disconnect

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Thu Mar 8 23:58:57 WST 2001

Since getting a new modem (Diamond Supra, Rockwell/Conexant chipset)
 I've noticed a couple of times where the phone link is lost, but Linux
thinks the PPP link is still active.
  I've explicitly given the 'modem' option to pppd, so it should respond
to 'CD' going inactive. Instead, the bytes seem to be echoed, as the
firewall starts logging bad input packets, which are really outgoing.

  Anyone seen this before? Suggestions for different pppd options?

ppp/options:   /dev/modem 115200 passive lock defaultroute modem
ppp/peers/dingo: connect '...' user ... debug

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--