[plug] Suggestions for email virus scanner for binaries

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Mar 9 22:00:50 WST 2001

Hi,
I have finally gotten around to finishing off the virus scanning of
email on my mdk system using anomy and AVX (from procmail/postfix).
Anomy seems an aceptable system but I am less than impressed by AVX.
The downloadable version is 2.0.0 dated 8/11/2000 and there have been no
updates so it seems thay are letting the Linux free for non-commercial
use version die a slow death (At least I cannot find anything on their
website that say's otherwise).  I also get failures with some of the
included modules and so far have not been able to test it enough to say
it is even working.

So, does anyone have any suggestions as to a virus scanner (partcularly
for windows exectables) that can be called from anomy to parse email
attached executables and is gpl/free/free for non-commercial use etc and
stays up to date?  Anomy looks to have the html/vbs and filename type
problems covered, its the other nasties I am after.

BillK