[plug] Installing on ATA100?

David Griffiths griffith at environ.wa.gov.au
Mon Mar 12 14:39:55 WST 2001

Richard wrote:

>Ummm, should have said, do:
>
>  cat /proc/pci | more
>
>or
>
>  lspci
>
>And see what the devices actually are. It may be a SIS5513 or something,
>and I am having problems with that ... Mandrake operates it in UDMA 33 mode.

Thanks Richard. I found an unofficial HOWTO (
http://www.geocities.com/ender7007 if anyone's interested) for the ASUS A7V
athlon mb which could well be the one that I am looking at.

Suggests looking at proc/pci too, and using resulting addresses to pass to
the kernel at boot time. This may do the trick. It has some disk benchmarks
which are interesting as well.

cheers,

Dave.

  David Griffiths                             griffith at environ.wa.gov.au

  Air Quality Management Branch
  Department of Environmental Protection          Phone:   61 8 9222 7151

  Westralia Square                                Fax  :   61 8 9321 5184
  141 St Georges Tce
  Perth 6000
  Western Australia