[plug] Installing on ATA100?

David Griffiths griffith at environ.wa.gov.au
Tue Mar 13 16:20:56 WST 2001

>> and ran into the no devices on
>> which to install type message. (ie linux just doesn't see the ATA100
>> devices)
>>

>I've just done a simular install on an Abit MB using a 2.4.2 Kernel.  I've
>haven't been able to get ATA100 working but I have managed to get ATA66
>working by using append="idebus=66"  I tried using 100 but it complained that
>only 33 and 66 where supported and dropped me back to 33.

Thanks for the tip Tony. It turns out that the unofficial howto I refered
to yesterday matches our config very closely, so the method specified there
will hopefully do the trick. (We're just held up by a lack of floppy drive
in the system at the moment.)

If the 2.4.2 kernel came default with a distro (but I'm expecting not) I'd
be interested to know which one.

cheers,

Dave.

  David Griffiths                             griffith at environ.wa.gov.au

  Air Quality Management Branch
  Department of Environmental Protection          Phone:   61 8 9222 7151

  Westralia Square                                Fax  :   61 8 9321 5184
  141 St Georges Tce
  Perth 6000
  Western Australia