[plug] ProcMail

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Wed Mar 14 11:13:47 WST 2001

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, John Breen wrote:

> Sorry if it's not strictly a Linux question but...
>
> I need to get procmail to cc all messages with a known subject line to my
> email address, as well as running a perl script.
>
> What's there at present is something like
>
> :0
> * ^Subject: dummy_subject
> |/root/bin/process.pl

-----
:0 c
* ^Subject: dummy_subject
|/root/bin/process.pl
-----
Note the "c" on line 1:

This will tell procmail to make a carbon copy of the message that matches this
rule.

What happens is one copy of the message gets delivered via
/root/bin/process.pl and the other passes through the rest of your .procmailrc
hopefully ending up in you normal email.

HTH

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein