[plug] URL for Linux NVIDIA card overclocking

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Wed Mar 14 14:50:45 WST 2001

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 01:35:13PM +0800, Simon Scott (SSC) wrote:
> errr, if Im not mistaken the human eye cant detect any more than 25fps...

Nope, 25 is around the minimum for us to believe we're actually seeing fluid
motion. According to studies the eye is capable of distinguishing up to
around 70-80 fps. (don't ask me where I read that ;))

Also in FPS games, you want a high average FPS because scenes that are complex
(many people, many projectiles etc...) slow things down. You don't really want
the minimum frame rate to ever drop below 25fps or it sucks bad, and as
someone else mentioned, you become "frag bait" ;)

Later,

Jason Nicholls