[plug] agp/pci interrupt problems

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Thu Mar 15 17:12:25 WST 2001

Matt Kemner wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Mike Holland wrote:
>
> > > I have a Matrox G200 AGP, and it doesn't show up in /proc/interrupts, so
> >
> > Could that be because Linux isnt actually using interrupts on the card?
> > (Even though #11 is assigned)
>
> A very valid point - and if that's true I would probably be better off
> disabling the VGA interrupt so I can use it for the first PCI slot,
> although in my case the first PCI slot is used by a VoodooII, which
> doesn't use an IRQ either, so it doesn't really matter
>
>  - Matt

/proc/interrupts only shows interrupts that have been actively registered
by something and are in use.
Look at irq 3/4 and you will notice that they only show up when you
open /dev/ttyS0 or /dev/ttyS1
Same with the irq assigned to your eth card. ifdown the interface and
watch the interrupt disappear.

I have a G450 in a box at home, and it only assigns an interrupt when
I'm using X4.0.2 with agpgart.o and mga.o loaded and using the dri interface.

BUT, it shares nicely with my pci fm801 sound card and my dec tulip eth card.

--
Brad....
                   /"\