[plug] mounting problem

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Mon Mar 19 03:06:09 WST 2001

I have 2 cdroms on my dual boot system.  1 is a cd writer and the other is a dvd/cdrom.
Both units were installed using loadlin in a bat file from DOS (c:\linux\loadlin c:\linux\vmlinuz root=/dev/hda3 ro hdc=ide-scsi hdb=ide-scsi

Yet when trying to access the either cdrom I can not as /dev/scd0 or /dev/scd1 nor when creating a ln from either device to /dev/cdrom.

Is there a way of cdreating this and having it available everytime I go into Linux (eg in the fstab)?

Thanks