[plug] Plotting my way to a bar.

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Wed Mar 21 12:28:15 WST 2001

Nigel Duff wrote:

> I'm using net-acct [1] to tally my net usage on a standalone dial-up
> box. I've written a perl script to sort the data and display it using
> plotutils graph. Though this displays ok in a plotted graph, i would
> prefer to display the data in a bar graph. I was wondering what other
> people used?

I use a 1x1 transparent pixel, a 1x1 black pixel, and HTML code to do bar
graphs from in Perl. No dependencies on extra graphics libraries. Just stretch
the pixel using width & height to the required dimensions. An example of the
output:
   http://jurai.murdoch.edu.au/bin/stats.fcgi?id=TenchiAccess
(The coloured backgrounds are just table BG colours. ^_^)

: CWIS Systems Administrator     -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :